Image Map

summer lovin'

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer is the season of love. Of warm weather, of walks on the beach, of weddings.

Today is the anniversary of my parents’ wedding. They have been married 35 years. “22 happy ones,” my dad jokes. While some might take offense to that comment, my mom welcomes it. She just laughs.

See, that’s the thing. My parents love to laugh. In fact, they have both said on multiple occasions that one of the reasons they are still together – one of the reasons they are still happy – is their ability to laugh… at each other and at life.
“Laughter is the only thing that will keep you sane…” – Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors
I love to hear my parents laugh. And I love hear my parents’ love story.

They met at church when they were ten years old. For my dad it was love at first sight. For my mom it was love about five minutes before this photo was taken:
While my parents have had their share of laughter throughout the years, laughter has certainly not been what has held them together...

No comments:

Post a Comment