Image Map

summer staples

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer is hands down my favorite season. I'm a warm weather girl. I grew up in the Texas heat running around the neighborhood barefoot all summer long, hunting frogs with my little brother (see pic below), swimming in our backyard, hanging out at the lake, and pretty much any other activity that required one item of clothing: a swimsuit. 



I've since expanded my summer wardrobe. And living in Santa Monica, even the hottest days can get chilly, especially in the mornings and at night. Needless to say I can't get away with running around in just a swimsuit anymore. Not to mention, I'm not five years old. But I digress.

So without further ado, here are my top 5 summer staples!

1. gold havaianas.
these are so comfy, and you can easily dress them up or down.


2. ray ban wayfarers.
my go to for the beach. classic and cool.

3. urban outfitters swimsuit top.
I have literally been living in this one. my instagram/facebook apologize.

4. brandy melville slouchy sweater.
the perfect coverup for a day at the beach. sexy but comfy. 

5. madewell cutoffs.
the perfect summer short. day or night.

1 comment:

  1. I need some jean shorts - thanks for the tip! Going to madewell soon lol

    ReplyDelete