Image Map

pages.

Monday, June 10, 2013


We all want more. We are all working towards something. Whether it be in your professional life, your personal life, or both. And that’s great. It’s important. It’s productive.

But are we putting whatever it is we want, whatever it is we want to achieve, before where we are right now? Are we putting those desires of ours before God’s desires for us?

I had this epiphany this morning: Yes, God says to seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened. But I can’t put the things I am seeking on a pedestal.

I am here exactly where God wants me for a reason. Am I going to make the most of it? Or be “wishing it away” by constantly wanting to be in the next phase… the next page or chapter in my life.

I don’t really believe in coincidence. I think everything happens for a reason, and I believe the Lord finds a way to talk to us. I was listening to Pandora while reading a devotion this morning (which also “happened” to be exactly what I needed to hear), and the song was called “Pages” by Leeland.

The song talks about how our life is a book, and the Lord will be holding it when we stand before Him in heaven. And it made me think…

What story am I writing?


The beautiful thing about writing a book? When you turn the page, it’s blank. You get to start fresh. That’s how our lives are. By the grace of God, we get the chance to start fresh every day. 


"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new each morning; great is your faithfulness." - Lamentations 3:22-23

What story are you writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment