Image Map

chocolate protein shake

Thursday, June 20, 2013

I love chocolate. But I also love eating healthy. So this chocolate protein shake is pretty much the best of both worlds.

It's super quick and easy to make, especially using a magic bullet. I don't measure anything - just eyeball it! But basically...

1. add ice, frozen bananas, frozen blueberries


2. add ice cold water, almond milk, flaxseeds, hempseeds, cinnamon, stevia, 1 scoop "designer whey" chocolate protein powder (only 100 calories per scoop, 18 grams protein, and only 2 grams of sugar!)

3. blend

4. enjoy!

I make this smoothie for breakfast every day. I also like to keep a few in the freezer to can grab one on my way out the door if I have an early morning shoot. I make them super thick, so I eat them with a spoon whether they are freshly blended or more frozen.

I swear - if you have kids, you might be able to trick them into thinking this is ice cream. No lie. It's that good.


No comments:

Post a Comment