Image Map

never go out of style

Friday, December 12, 2014

"You know everything old can be made new again." - Effie, the Hunger Games, Mockingjay Part 1
These vintage accessories from Chairish most certainly can be. 

I'm no fashionista. I don't stay up-to-date or follow all the current trends. (Those pointy nails everyone's sporting these days? Don't get it.) But I do know what I like, and I always stay true to that.

Chairish has asked me to come up with a style board of some of their vintage accessories. And here's what I like!

YSL Cork Clutch
My family and I have a joke about clutches. I won't go into the whole story, but I will say the punchline is, "My clutch!" And can I just say... I want this to be my clutch!

Boss Amber Keyhole Sunglasses
In the words of Taylor Swift, a pair of classic sunglasses like these will "never go out of style."

Hawaiian Souvenir 1960s Scarf
I haven't traveled the world. One day I'd like to. But one of the places I have been is Hawaii. This scarf is unique and timeless just like the memories I have from there.

Napier 50s Crystal Bracelet
I love blending the upscale and casual. This crystal bracelet would be the perfect accessory to add some flair to a more casual outfit. And, of course, you could wear it to a fancy affair as well!

In the spirit of Christmas and in thinking of vintage accessories, I think of a gift that keeps on giving, a gift to "chairish" - if you will. 

This Christmas, let's remember it's not about the presents, but the presence of loved ones, of family, of friends. And it's not about a gift under the tree, but one true gift that will never go out of style, the keeps on giving, that is the ultimate gift to be cherished - and that's the gift that came 2014 years ago with the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
"Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings, or designer love and empty things..." - Goo Goo Dolls, Better Days 
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given... and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment