Image Map

grilled chicken & sweet potato "chips" with greek yogurt dip

Friday, July 5, 2013

I'm not much of a chef. There's something about laboring for hours preparing something that will be gone in five minutes that has always made me feel like I am wasting my time. But I will say as I have started cooking more, I've realized there is something so rewarding about putting a great, healthy meal on the table for people you love. So, I am all about delicious meals that are quick and easy to create. This is one of my faves!



shopping list:
- chicken tenders
- large sweet potato (3-4 in. in diameter)
- greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
- cucumber
- lime
- lemon
- chunky salsa
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- lemon pepper
- salt-free seasoning (I use Trader Joe's "21 seasoning")

for the grilled chicken:
1. place chicken tenders on platter
2. drizzle EVOO, juice of 1 large lemon wedge, and a splash of apple cider vinegar
3. sprinkle with lemon pepper & salt-free seasoning
4. grill! (I'll let you take this one from here)

before:
after:
for the sweet potato "chips":
1. slice sweet potato into very thin round slices
2. spray baking sheet with EVOO (I use a Misto), lay sweet potato slices flat & spray tops with EVOO
3. sprinkle with lemon pepper & salt-free seasoning
4. place slices on grill, turning them over once they have some lovely grill marks (I like mine extra crispy)

before:
after:
on the grill:
for the greek dip:
(I just eyeball all the ingredients, depending on your taste preferences & how much you want to make. But the following is a guideline if you were starting with 1 cup of greek yogurt)
1. combine greek yogurt with a tablespoon of chunky salsa, a dash of balsamic vinegar, and the juice of two lime wedges
2. dice cucumber (about an inch and a half section for every 1 cup of greek yogurt)
3. add lemon pepper & dill to taste!

Now pour yourself a crisp glass of New Zealand savignon blanc, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment