Image Map

raw zucchini "noodle" salad

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Summer is here. School is out. Sun is shining.

Thank goodness.

Even though I am not in school, there's something about the summer. In LA it means outdoor movies, pier concerts, and long lazy Saturdays at the beach with friends. Oh, and cookouts - or BBQs - depending on what you like to call them.

This raw zucchini "noodle" salad is the perfect summer side dish to bring to a cookout - whether it's on a rooftop, a ranch, or a roadtrip. (Well, I guess that last one's not technically a cookout, but let's be honest - I needed one more "r" word.)

It's quick, easy, healthy, and the perfect compliment to a hot, juicy burger.
raw zucchini "noodle" salad
 using potato peeler, shave thin layers off zucchini
 rotate zucchini as you peel
 mix in any combination of your favorite dressings, herbs and spices
 I love Tessemae's all natural dressing, apple cider vinegar and lime juice with dried oregano, basil, dill!
toss, chill, and serve!

I like to garnish with fresh cilantro. And I especially love the potential to diversify this dish. Every time I make it I add something different - avocado, cherry tomatoes, nuts, you name it! Feel free to add your favorite toppings and make it your own! Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment