Image Map

from the inside out

Monday, June 23, 2014

I took zyrtec every day for fifteen years. Pretty certain that can't be healthy. Quite certain it wasn't cheap.

I tried to ween myself off for years, but each time my throat would itch like crazy. So I continued taking that little white pill. Every day.

And then one day, I stopped taking it. Cold turkey. With no problems or symptoms.

What changed, you may ask?

Well, when I started seeing my holistic doctor, I learned just how much the body has an incredible ability to heal itself... as long as you are putting the right foods in it to begin with. Turns out my "healthy" diet was really depleting my immune system. Turns out I had been filling my body with all sorts of "trigger" foods that made it impossible for my body to combat these so-called "allergies." Turns out I was highly sensitive to gluten, soy, dairy, corn, and a short list of other foods.

Turns out I needed to be healed from the inside out.
With Western medicine, all too often doctors will tell you to "take a pill" for anything and everything - for weight loss, for depression, for anxiety, you name it. We are always looking for a quick fix. But oh, how we are prolonging true healing! 

Similarly, this world is full of people walking around consuming all sorts of pills for all sorts of issues. They are ignoring the root of the issues they have. They are ignoring the deeper longing of their souls.

See, we are all eternal beings created to know our Maker. Therefore - whether we are aware of it or not - we all have an innate longing deep within us to know Jesus Christ.

Seeing a holistic doctor has truly changed my life. Not only am I now relieved of having to take a pill every day after fifteen years, I have been relieved from the debilitating back pain that I had for a solid decade.

Both of these issues required getting to the root of these problems.

For my back pain, all the physical therapy, spinal decompression, acupuncture, and chiropractic treatments were never going to help. I was taking a slew of "pills" if you will - albeit lousy ones - until I faced the true cause of my pain (which stemmed from repressed emotional trauma).

The deeper issues of our lives will manifest sooner or later and in some form or another. I encourage you to take a look at your own life. Is there some physical pain you are in? Some emotional pain you are facing?

Do yourself a favor. Stop listening to this world. Stop "taking a pill" for everything. Evaluate what you are putting into your body - both physically and emotionally. Take a closer look at your heart, get in touch with your soul a little more clearly, and seek the help of your Maker, your Savior, along the way.

He is our light in the dark, our hope when we're hopeless, the giver of life when our souls feel dead. And most importantly, he wants to heal us from the inside out.
"You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something." - Psalm 139:15
..................................................................................................................
If you liked this post, you may like: a decade of pain, sometimes you have to reach the bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment