Image Map

coconut chips

Monday, April 14, 2014

Coconut water, coconut milk, coconut sugar, coconut flour, coconut flakes.

There is no shortage of coconut products out there these days, and they are a great alternative for the gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan conscious!

One of my favorite things to make are coconut chips. They are delicious by themselves, but you can also use them as a topper on a variety of other foods such as salads, sweet potatoes, and smoothies. And depending on how you flavor them, they can either be a salty or sweet snack!

Of course there are a variety of brands of coconut chips you can buy in the store, but I like to make my own. It's cheaper and healthier. Here's how I make mine:
toasted cinnamon-sugar coconut flakes

1. You only need four ingredients:
coconut flakes, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon, and sea salt.
2. place coconut flakes in a pan. (I usually make two pans-full at a time)

3. cook on low/simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

4. sprinkle sea salt, cinnamon, and coconut sugar on top and stir.

5. enjoy!
(I store mine in glass tupperware in the refrigerator. I am sure they would last a week or longer. However, I wouldn't know personally because mine never seem to last that long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment