Image Map

the cleanest protein bar

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I love protein bars. I love the convenience of them. I'm always on the go so I'll grab one on my way out the door to snack on during a long day of running from auditions to acting class, or I'll take one to the gym for a post-workout refuel.

But a lot of protein bars are packed with unnecessary fillers and junk.

A friend of mine told me about Quest bars - that they are the "cleanest bar you will find," that she orders them in bulk from Amazon, and that her favorite flavor, peanut butter and jelly, is "all you need."
I wanted to try them for myself, so I ordered a box of the peanut butter and jelly along with a couple other flavors. She was right. I shouldn't have even bothered with the other flavors... but sometimes you just have to try something for yourself to believe it.



I'm not sure if they are really the cleanest bar around, but for how delicious they are, they're clean enough for me. I'm a health nut. I always want to nourish my body with "clean" food. It makes me feel better, gives me more energy, makes me a happier person in general.
20 g protein, 17g fiber, only 21g carbs.
While "our body is a temple" and it's so important what we put into it, it's so much more important what we put into our hearts and minds.

The Pharisees were legalists. They challenged the fact that the disciples broke the tradition of the elders by not washing their hands before they ate. Jesus replied, "what goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'" Matthew 15:11

The Pharisees' still did not understand, so after straight up calling them "dull" in verse 16 (love the sass), Jesus laid it out for them in black and white:
"Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." - Matthew 15:17-19
I don't want to put unnecessary fillers and junk into my life. I want to fill my life with Jesus and hopefully He will shine through all that I do, all that I say, all that I am.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. - Luke 12:34

No comments:

Post a Comment