Image Map

roasted brussels sprouts

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I love brussels sprouts. I didn't grow up eating them. I actually grew up hearing bad things about them. They were the quintessential vegetable in every movie, tv show, or story that kids never wanted to eat. But when I finally tried them, probably when I moved to LA, I loved them.

Santa Monica and Venice are full of restaurants with great brussels sprouts - Blue Plate, Father's Office, and Gjelina to name a few. But they so quick and easy to make at home!



1. cut the ends off the brussels sprouts. then cut each one in half.
2. spray pan with EVOO and spread brussels sprouts evenly.
3. mist brussels sprouts with EVOO, drizzle juice of one large lemon wedge & dust with fresh-grind lemon pepper.
4. bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
5. optional: drizzle brussels sprouts with a little balsamic vinegar (personally, I pretty much put balsamic vinegar on almost everything I eat... if we're being really honest here.)
6. devour. I mean savor.

No comments:

Post a Comment