Image Map

the journey is the destination

Tuesday, January 11, 2011


I remember one day back in college sitting in my shoebox-sized room at the Pi Phi house at UT and opening up an e-mail from my dad:

This SO made me think of both of you. Especially Elizabeth!
Love you two! Hope you love this song - it's so true!
Daddy

He had attached a song by Trace Adkins called “You’re Gonna Miss This.” It’s a song about enjoying each stage of life that you are in because it will pass all too soon, and you will be sitting there looking back and longing for those days.

I hope that when I am old and grey, watching my great-grand children running around in chaos that I can look back at my life and know that I made the best of every day and enjoyed each stage of life as it came. Life is short. I don’t want it to pass me by without embracing it to the fullest…

So right now for me that means embracing being an actress pounding the pavement trying to make it in LA. While sometimes I have doubts about the future and miss my family, I know when I look back on this time, I will think about what a fun time it was to move to a new city all by myself… meeting new people, making new friends, exploring a new city, and growing closer to Lord than ever before.

Some fun times with the family so far in LA...


My dad and I at a sidewalk cafe off Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills :)



My parents and I enjoying the sunset at our favorite restaurant in LA, the Lobster.


When Liz came to visit me, I had to take her to the Lobster, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment